- Card Financial Policy
- Acceptable PCard Uses
- Prohibited Purchases and Activities
- Card Control
- Cardholder Responsibilities
- Supervisor Responsibilities
- PCard Best Practices
The purpose of the Truckee Meadows Community College Purchasing Card (PCard) Program is to establish a more efficient, cost-effective method of purchasing and paying for small dollar transactions within established usage limits. The PCard may be used at any merchant or service provider that accepts credit cards. The PCard can be used for both in-store purchases as well as mail, phone, Internet or fax orders (no email). All cards are issued at the request of your department chair and dean or vice-president. You can use a TMCC PCard to make purchases less than $2,000. For any recurring purchases or for purchases more than $2,000, you will need to submit a requisition in Workday. Card usage may be audited and/or rescinded at any time.
- The PCard is NOT intended to avoid or bypass appropriate purchasing or payment procedures; rather, it complements the existing processes available.
- The PCard is NOT intended for personal use.
- Violation of these policies may result in revocation of the PCard.
- Fraudulent use of the PCard may result in disciplinary action and personal liability of the cardholder.
Vendors/Merchants Who Do Not Accept the Card
Anyone from whom you currently purchase goods or services should be considered a potential vendor/merchant of the PCard Program—even if they don't accept PCards today. If they are not currently participating, you should contact the Purchasing Card (PCard) Administrator who will have the bank contact your vendor/merchant.
Although we do not endorse the specific card or any of its associated banks specifically, we encourage vendors/merchants to become involved in the PCard Program so that cardholders can use the program most effectively.
Your feedback regarding this program is important! We need to know if you have concerns, and we welcome suggestions for improvement, as well as positive feedback. For any questions and/or concerns not covered in this manual, contact the PCard Administrator at 775-673-7029.