Periodically, revenue and general operating expenditures are inadvertently credited or charged to an incorrect account. This is a classification error and requires reclassification.
The General Journal Voucher form can only be used by the department to process a reclassification. The form cannot be used to transfer cash from one account to another, or to adjust budgets.
Need help locating the new Workday information? Visit WAX Account Lookup and enter the previous Fund, Agency, and Org.
|Financial Data Warehouse
|Org||Program, Grant, Gift or Project (#)|
|Sub-Revenue Source||Revenue Category|
Step 1: Complete the General Journal Voucher form.
- Include description and explanation.
- Attach backup showing account that needs to be reclassified.
Step 2: Obtain approval and signatures.
- Only authorized individuals can sign this form for approval.
- Two separate signatures are required: the preparer and the approval by the Cost Center Manager.
- Authorized individuals must both print and sign their names.
Step 3: Submit form to Accounting Services Cashier's Office.
- The form will be reviewed and if there are any questions we will contact the department.