Periodically, revenue and general operating expenditures are inadvertently credited or charged to an incorrect account. This is a classification error and requires reclassification.
The General Journal Voucher Form can only be used by the department to process a reclassification. The form cannot be used to transfer cash from one account to another, or to adjust budgets.
- Complete the General Journal Voucher form.
- Download and complete the General Journal Voucher Form using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Include description and explanation.
- Attach backup showing account that needs to be reclassified.
- Obtain approval and signatures.
- Only authorized individuals can sign this form for approval.
- Two separate signatures are required: the preparer and the approval by the Cost Center Manager.
- Authorized individuals must both print and sign their names.
- Submit form to Accounting Services Cashier's Office.
- The form will be reviewed and if there are any questions we will contact the department.