SWE at TMCC is a community of support for not only women pursuing engineering, computer science, and technology, but all community college students.
Our mission is to empower not only women, but all community college students, to achieve their full potential in their careers as engineers and leaders, expand the image of the engineering and technology professions as a positive force in improving the quality of life, and demonstrate the value of diversity and inclusion.
What We Offer
- Peer advice and mentoring
- Networking opportunities
- Student hosted events
- Panel events and guest speaker events
- Collaboration with established local Society of Women Engineers Chapters
Our Core Values
- Integrity. We aspire to the highest level of ethical behavior as evidenced by honesty and dignity within our personal and professional relationships and responsibilities.
- Inclusive Environment. We embrace diversity in its broadest interpretation and commit to creating an inclusive environment for all our members and stakeholders. We value the contributions of a diverse membership, which enables SWE to achieve its full potential.
- Mutual Support. We provide an organization that fosters mentoring and the development of professional and personal networks.
- Professional Excellence. We professionally conduct our activities, demonstrating and demanding the highest standards of business practices.
- Trust. We share a common definition of success with open, transparent access to information, building mutual respect and confidence in the abilities of those with whom we lead, serve, and partner. Topics of importance to women in engineering.
- President: Samantha Bernardy
- Vice-President: Scott Bauer
- Secretary: Masi Steele
- Treasurer: Ashleigh Snover (Sierra Nevada Section SWE Liaison)