Welcome to our TMCC Electoral Engagement website where you will find all kinds of information about how to participate in all things democracy.
Voter Friendly Campus
Truckee Meadows Community College, was named a Voter Friendly Campus. The initiative recognizes institutions that have planned and implemented practices that encourage their students to register and vote in the 2022 elections and in coming years. TMCC was evaluated based on a written plan for how we planned to register, educate, and turnout student voters in 2022, how we facilitated voter engagement efforts on our campus, and a final analysis of our efforts.
If you want to check if you are registered to vote or want to register to vote, go to the Nevada Voter Registration website. A valid ID is required to register online. In order to register to vote you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age on or before Election Day or pre-register to vote at 17 years of age;
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Be a resident of Nevada for 30 days preceding any election;
- Not currently incarcerated; and or
- Not have been declared by a court to be mentally incompetent.
Pre-registration for 17-Year-olds:
- The 2017 legislature approved Senate Bill 144, which allows all U.S. citizens who are 17 years old but less than 18 years old to preregister to vote. A person can pre-register to vote using any of the means available for a person to register to vote. A person who has pre-registered to vote is automatically deemed registered to vote on his or her 18th birthday unless the person's pre-registration is canceled.