- Apply to the College
Complete a TMCC Application for Admission and view important dates and deadlines. If you have questions, contact the Admissions and Records Office.
- Submit Your Transcripts
Submit official transcripts from all of your previous college work to TMCC's Admissions and Records Office (must be received by the Nursing Program application deadline).
Important: After you've submitted your official transcripts, you must have them evaluated by the TMCC Admissions and Records Office using the Transfer Credit Evaluation Request form.
- An official transcript includes the Registrar’s signature, the College seal, and the date it was issued. An official transcript is delivered in a sealed envelope which should not be opened by anyone except the addressee. It is a legal document. There is usually a fee for each official transcript ordered.
- An unofficial transcript is the student’s academic record without signature, seal, date or sealed envelope. There is usually no fee. A student may obtain an unofficial transcript by following the same procedure as for requesting an official transcript.
- Please note that students who require a Credit Evaluation for Transfer Students need to submit this well in advance of the Nursing application deadline, as this process may take up to 6 weeks. If this credit evaluation for transfer courses is not complete at the application deadline, it will not be accepted.
- Meet with Academic Advisor
Schedule an appointment with the Academic Advisement Office.
- Meet the Minimum Nursing Program Requirements
- GPA: 2.75 for previous lower-division college courses leading to the Nursing AS degree.
- GPA: 3.00 for prerequisite science courses (BIO 223, BIO 224 and BIO 251).
- Must be taken within five years prior to application.
- Can only be taken twice within the five-year period.
- Withdrawals, Audits and Repeats count as attempts.
- Online labs in BIOL 223, BIOL 224, or BIOL 251 taken in Spring 2020, Summer 2020, Fall 2020, or Spring 2021 will be accepted. Online labs for these courses from semesters prior to Spring 2020 or after Spring 2021 will NOT be accepted.
Check your Biology GPA (+ and - must be added to the calculation).
- MATH 126 (or equivalent).
- There is no time frame in which MATH 126 needs to be completed.
- Completion of Pre-Admission Testing (HESI Admission Assessment Exam)
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam scores in Anatomy & Physiology, Biology, Math, Grammar, Reading Comprehension and Vocabulary sections will be scored. Students must achieve a minimum score of 75% in each of the sections.
- The HESI Exam must be administered by TMCC.
- The HESI Exam can be taken two times in a 12-month period. Only those sections where a score of less than 75% was achieved can be repeated.
- Applicants must provide a copy of current state certification for Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or complete an approved CNA course with a grade of C or better and pass both the written and skills components of the CNA Certification Exam, within the last five years from the application deadline. Note: EMS and Medical Assistant certifications are not accepted.
- Apply to the Nursing Program
Complete the online Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program Application by the posted deadline.
- Required documents must be uploaded with the application (CNA requirement; a copy of unofficial transcripts).
- Separate applications must be submitted for Fall and Spring.