HESI Admission Assessment Exam
The Health Education Systems, Inc. (HESI) Admission Assessment is a timed, computerized test. The cost of the exam is $50. The HESI exam can be taken two times in a 12-month period; only those sections where a score of less than 75% was achieved can be repeated.
TMCC's Nursing Program is responsible for all admission requirements and decisions regarding the Nursing HESI exam. The Nursing HESI consists of:
- Reading Comprehension
- Anatomy and Physiology
The Nursing HESI exam scores are weighted at 50%. A score is required in Anatomy & Physiology, Biology, Grammar, Math, Reading Comprehension and Vocabulary. An average score for the HESI exam is calculated and the average percent score is divided by the number 25.
Exam dates are on Fridays from 9 a.m.–3 p.m. in HSC 103. The 2020 Exam dates are:
- February 21, 2020
- March 13, 2020
- April 3, 2020
- April 17, 2020
- May 1, 2020
- May 15, 2020
- August 14, 2020
- September 4, 2020
- September 18, 2020
Register for the HESI Exam
Step One: Payment
Registration is contingent upon receipt of the registration form and payment of fees. The cost of the exam is $50 for the Nursing HESI and $70 for the RadTech HESI.
Please pay at the Accounting Services Cashier's Office prior to registering. Please note that fees are not paid to the Nursing or Radiologic Tech Programs; you must pay fees prior to the exam via TMCC's Accounting Services Office.
- In person by cash or check/money order: visit the TMCC Accounting Services Cashier’s Office.
- By credit card: use the Credit Card Payment Processing form.
- Accounting Services will send us verification of your payment; however you will need to provide your receipt number on the registration form.
Step Two: Registration
- Complete the online registration form (below).
- You will need to provide the following:
- Your payment receipt number.
- Your full name
- Your NSHE ID (student ID number)
- Your phone number
- A valid email address
- Confirmation of Registration: All students registered for the HESI exam will be provided with a testing ticket outlining information regarding testing day procedures and instructions.
Time Limit: There is a maximum time limit of six hours to complete this exam.
What to Bring: Students taking the exam will need to bring the following:
- A valid government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, military id, etc)
- The filled out Confirmation for HESI Testing form. (You receive the form via email after you Register)
HESI Registration Form
Important: Do not submit any document that contains social security numbers. If necessary, black out or redact sensitive information prior to attaching. See Also: Information Security/FERPA