HESI Admission Assessment Exam
The Health Education Systems, Inc. (HESI) Admission Assessment is a timed, computerized test. The cost of the exam is $50. The HESI exam can be taken two times in a 12-month period; only those sections where a score of less than 75% was achieved can be repeated.
TMCC's Nursing Program is responsible for all admission requirements and decisions regarding the Nursing HESI exam. The Nursing HESI consists of:
- Reading Comprehension
- Anatomy and Physiology
The Nursing HESI exam scores are weighted at 50%. A score is required in Anatomy & Physiology, Biology, Grammar, Math, Reading Comprehension and Vocabulary. An average score for the HESI exam is calculated and the average percent score is divided by the number 25.
Register for the HESI Exam
Step One: Payment
Registration is contingent upon receipt of the registration form and payment of fees. The cost of the exam is $50 for the Nursing HESI and $70 for the RadTech HESI.
Please pay at the Accounting Services Cashier's Office prior to registering. Please note that fees are not paid to the Nursing or Radiologic Tech Programs; you must pay fees prior to the exam via TMCC's Accounting Services Office.
- In person by cash or check/money order: visit the TMCC Accounting Services Cashier’s Office.
- By credit card: use the Credit Card Payment Processing form.
- Accounting Services will send us verification of your payment; however you will need to provide your receipt number on the registration form.
Step Two: Registration
- Complete the online registration form (below).
- You will need to provide the following:
- Your payment receipt number.
- Your full name
- Your NSHE ID (student ID number)
- Your phone number
- A valid email address
- Confirmation of Registration: All students registered for the HESI exam will be provided with a testing ticket outlining information regarding testing day procedures and instructions.
Time Limit: There is a maximum time limit of six hours to complete this exam.
What to Bring: Students taking the exam will need to bring the following:
- A valid government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, military id, etc)
- The filled out Confirmation for HESI Testing form. (You receive the form via email after you Register)
HESI Registration Form
Important: Do not submit any document that contains social security numbers. If necessary, black out or redact sensitive information prior to attaching. See Also: Information Security/FERPA