International Transfer Agreements

International Students in Lecture

Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC) has established partnerships with several universities that guarantee admission for international students who transfer from TMCC after earning their associate degree and/or meeting specific admission criteria.

Each university has slightly different admission requirements, which are detailed in our transfer agreements with them.

Universities have unique academic programs and offer a wide range of majors; be sure to choose a university that matches your interests and offers your major. To search for a list of majors, go directly to the university’s website.

If you are interested in a transfer agreement and would like more specific information before making a decision, please contact us.

TMCC Partner Universities Admission Requirements

Admission requirements vary among our partner universities. Many institutions require that students earn an associate (AA or AS) degree from TMCC and/or have a minimum GPA of 2.0 or higher, and submit an admission application (including all required documents, such as college transcripts) by the admission deadline.

International students must provide proof of financial support and English proficiency.

Note: Most transfer agreements pertain to general admission for a university. Some colleges or majors have higher admission requirements.

Steps to Request a Transfer Agreement

  1. Apply for admission to TMCC.
    • Indicate your university choice on the International Student Application (on page 4).
    • Note that your selection must be one of our partner universities (see list below).
  2. Receive both of the following:
    1. Admission letter from TMCC.
    2. International student transfer agreement letter from one of our partner universities.
  3. Apply for your F-1 visa
    • You must take your admission letters, along with your I-20 document, to the U.S. embassy or consulate.
  4. Enroll at TMCC.
    • Earn your AA or AS degree to complete the first half of your bachelor’s degree.
  5. Transfer to one of TMCC's partner universities (the one for which you received an international student transfer agreement letter).
    • Complete the second half of your bachelor’s degree.

TMCC Partner Universities