Admission to the Paramedic Program (Certificate of Achievement) is limited and requires special procedures. The application for Fall 2019 opens on March 15, 2019.
Step 1: Complete the online Paramedic Program Application.
- The online application for the Paramedic Program is currently open until 5 p.m. on June 3, 2019.
- The following files must be submitted electronically with the application:
- A resume.
- A one-page letter stating why you desire to become a Paramedic.
- A copy of your current AHA Health Care Provider BLS CPR Card
- A copy of your current, valid Nevada Advanced EMT certification
Step 2: Provide proof of minimum qualifications and the following information.
- Copy of high school diploma or HSE (formerly GED).
- Current, valid NV AEMT certificate (per NAC 450B.720)
- Application for admission to TMCC.
- Two letters of recommendation from EMS employer, EMS instructor or other professional reference.
- Unofficial transcripts of prior college level education.
- Candidates must also pass a background check through mystudentcheck.com
Application reviews take place June 6, 2019. Note that candidate notifications are completed via email.
Those meeting the minimum qualifications will be invited to a written exam on June 12, 2019 at 9 a.m. in HTCR 103. The written exam is a computer-based exam and measures basic EMT knowledge, reading level, writing level, math level and test anxiety level. Those who pass the written exam will be invited to an oral interview.
Oral interviews will be conducted on June 18 and 19, 2019.
Paramedic Prep Course
Candidates who are successful in both the written and interview phases will be notified of their acceptance to the Paramedic Prep Course that begins on August 12, 2019.
The Prep Course is a prerequisite to the Paramedic Program, and mandatory for any candidates desiring to be accepted into the Paramedic Program.
The Paramedic Prep Course is a two-week, Monday through Friday, for-credit course, and covers review/remediation of basic EMS skills, anatomy and physiology, medical math and medical terminology. The Prep course is the final competitive aspect for acceptance into the Paramedic Program.
Thirty candidates will be accepted into the Prep Course, and 24 of those candidates will be accepted into the Paramedic Program beginning on August 27, 2019. An additional date may be set for a full orientation. Accepted students will be notified in their acceptance letter.
Once accepted into the Paramedic Program, you must provide proof of the following:
- Satisfy all general College admission requirements.
- Be at least 18 years of age or older upon program start date.
- Pass a physical DOT examination.
- Possess major medical insurance, which has to be maintained throughout the program.
- Immunization History
- Current MMR immunization or appropriate titer levels.
- Diphtheria-tetanus immunizations within last five years.
- Hepatitis-B immunization within the last five years or appropriate titer levels.
- Proof of chicken pox, varicella immunization or appropriate titer levels.
- Negative two-step TB skin test or chest x-ray within the last six months.
- Drug Screening
- 5-panel negative drug test from ARC or a medical facility.
Failure to provide proof of these items by the first day of class will result in dismissal from the Paramedic Program.
For further information: contact us.
TMCC Paramedic Program Application
Important: Do not submit any document that contains social security numbers. If necessary, black out or redact sensitive information prior to attaching. See Also: Information Security/FERPA