Admission to the Paramedic Program (Certificate of Achievement) is limited and requires special procedures.
- Apply to the College
Complete a TMCC Application for Admission and view important dates and deadlines. If you have questions, contact the Admissions and Records Office.
- Complete the Paramedic Program Application
The online application for the Paramedic Program will open for Fall 2020 on March 16 and remain open until 5 p.m., June 1. You are required to provide proof of minimum qualifications, the following information must be submitted electronically with your online application:
- A resume.
- A one-page letter stating why you desire to become a Paramedic.
- A copy of current AHA Health Care Provider BLS CPR Card.
- A copy of valid Nevada State AEMT certificate (per NAC 450B.720).
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Unofficial College transcript(s).
- A copy of high school diploma or HSE (formerly GED).
- A copy of high school transcripts.
- Complete Background Check
All candidates must complete a TMCC Paramedic Academy background check through www.mystudentcheck.com. Select school, program and complete required fields.
Application reviews take place June 3, 2020. Note that candidate notifications are completed via email.
Those meeting the minimum qualifications will be invited to a written exam on June 10, 2020 at 9 a.m. in HTCR 103. The written exam is a computer-based exam and measures basic EMT knowledge, reading level, writing level, math level and test anxiety level. Those who pass the written exam will be invited to an oral interview.
Oral interviews will be conducted on June 17, 2020.
Paramedic Prep Course
Candidates who are successful in both the written and interview phases will be notified of their acceptance to the Paramedic Prep Course that begins on August 10, 2020.
The Prep Course is a prerequisite to the Paramedic Program, and mandatory for any candidates desiring to be accepted into the Paramedic Program.
The Paramedic Prep Course is a two-week, Monday through Friday, for-credit course, and covers review/remediation of basic EMS skills, anatomy and physiology, medical math and medical terminology. The Prep Course is the final competitive aspect for acceptance into the Paramedic Program.
Twenty candidates will be accepted into the Prep Course, and 18 of those candidates will be accepted into the Paramedic Program based upon academic standing in the Prep Course beginning on August 24, 2020. An additional date may be set for a full orientation. Accepted students will be notified in their acceptance letter.
Once accepted into the Paramedic Program, you must provide proof of the following:
- Satisfy all general College admission requirements.
- Be at least 18 years of age or older upon program start date.
- Pass a physical DOT examination.
- Complete a TMCC drug screening and immunization check through www.mystudentcheck.com. Select school, program and complete required fields.
Failure to provide proof of these items by the first day of class will result in dismissal from the Paramedic Program.
For further information: contact us.
TMCC Paramedic Program Application
Important: Do not submit any document that contains social security numbers. If necessary, black out or redact sensitive information prior to attaching. See Also: Information Security/FERPA