HeartCode PALS is a blended learning delivery method. Blended learning is a combination of eLearning, in which a student completes the video portion of the course in a self-directed manner, followed by a hands-on session with an instructor.
The online portion of this comprehensive eLearning program uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. The online portion of this course (course product 20-3555) is purchased directly through AHA and is completed prior to registration/attendance to your skills session at TMCC. Fees for the online course are not paid to TMCC and are not part of the skills session fees.
Who Should Take The Course
Healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care, and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, and paramedics.
- High-quality child CPR AED and infant CPR.
- Recognition of patients who do and do not require immediate intervention.
- Recognition of cardiopulmonary arrest early and application of CPR within 10 seconds.
- Apply team dynamics.
- Differentiation between respiratory distress and failure.
- Early interventions for respiratory distress and failure.
- Differentiation between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock.
- Early interventions for the treatment of shock.
- Differentiation between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias.
- Clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias.
- Post–cardiac arrest management.
Students must currently hold an American Heart Association Basic Life Support Provider CPR Card.
Students must present their certificate of completion of the Heart Code PALS course on the day of the skills session. The Heart Code PALS Course (Product Number: 20-3555) is not included in the cost of the skills session. You can purchase this online course.
The cost for TMCC's PALS course is $150 (which does not include the Heart Code online course).
A textbook is included in your purchase of the online course. You will have access to this in your AHA ebooks library.
PALS: Participants who complete the course will receive a course completion card (credential), which is good for a two-year period. This will come in the form of an eCard, which will be emailed to you. (If you have taken a prior course and have not yet received the card, please check your email's "spam" folder first, prior to contacting the instructor.)