Classified Council Frequently Asked Questions

Below are answers to the Classified Council's most commonly asked questions.

FAQ Questions


No. We welcome your input and attendance at all Classified Council meetings.

Employees who are nominated to run for office will have their names submitted to the nominating committee.

Officers will be elected by state classified employees and installed prior to the July meeting.

Contact us online, and indicate in the message box your agenda item.

Please feel free to contact any member of Classified Council or attend the next meeting.

A quorum shall consist of five classified employees and five Classified Council Board Members.

Classified Council is an autonomous organization of persons who are State of Nevada classified employees at Truckee Meadows Community College.

Information on Classified Council meetings is posted to our website and the TMCC Events Calendar.

Classified Council does not have an office location; however, you current Board members can be reached via email; or contact us using our online form.

Anyone who wants to make a difference at TMCC. Please attend an upcoming meeting or contact us for more information about getting involved.

Classified Council is a great place to have your voice heard. It is a positive environment to make a difference. We want you there to help improve College communication and help our working environment be the best it can be.

Financial Assistance

Yes! To apply for the Books and Supplies Scholarship, please visit the Foundation website and look for the TMCC Faculty Education Fund for Classified Employees and Dependents Scholarship.

Yes we do! We have a Classified Emergency Loan assistance program that is interest-free. Click on the link to learn more.