Article I: Name and Objectives
Section 1: Name
The organization shall be known as Classified Council of Truckee Meadows Community College.
Section 2: Objectives
To serve, support and represent all classified members of Truckee Meadows Community College.
Article II: Membership
Section 1: Membership
All classified employees at Truckee Meadows Community College, including part-time employees.
Article III: Structure
Section 1: The Classified Council, as authorized by the Board of Regents, will represent all Classified staff.
Section 2: The supreme governing body shall be the State Classified Employees of Truckee Meadows Community College.
Section 3: The administration of the affairs of the Classified Council is vested in the Classified Executive Board.
Section 4: The Classified Council shall consist of the Executive Board: President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Hospitality Officer and classified representation from each of the following areas listed below but not limited to:
- Academic Services
- Central Services
- Redfield Campus
- Student Services
- College Services
- Police Department
- Facilities Services
Section 5: President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary and Hospitality Officer are elected positions and serve a one year term from July 1 through June 30.
- A. The Vice President will automatically move into the President’s position for the following term.
- B. The President does not have the right to institute a motion but will be allowed to vote.
- C. Any officer that will be unavailable shall designate a representative with their voting rights upon notification to the Executive Board members
- D. In the event of an executive board vacancy – a special election will be held within a two week period.
Article IV: Meetings
Section 1: Regularly scheduled Classified Council meetings shall be held at least once in every two month period.
Section 2: Special meetings may be called by any member of the Executive Board. Classified members shall be advised within a week of the scheduled meeting.
Section 3: Quorum Five of the Classified Employees and five members of the Executive Board shall constitute a quorum for all regular and special Classified Council business meetings.
Article V: Amendments
Amendments to this Constitution and the Bylaws may be proposed by the Classified Executive Board or by any classified member. The proposal must be presented at a regular Classified Council business meeting.
- A. The proposed amendment shall be voted on at the next regular Classified Council business meeting following its presentation. A two-thirds majority vote of those Classified Council members present shall be required for adoption.
- B. Amendments to the Constitution and Bylaws of the Classified Council that amend, alter, delete or augment this constitution shall be automatically accomplished, at the direction of the Classified Council President, as soon as possible.
- C. The Executive Board notifies the total Classified Council membership that the amendment will be voted on at the next regular business meeting and specifies the date of said meeting.
- D. A copy of any amendments to the Constitution and/or Bylaws must be sent to the President of the College and the archivist in the library.