Article I: Name
The Classified Council of Truckee Meadows Community College, a unit of the Nevada System of Higher Education and an autonomous organization of persons who are State of Nevada Classified Employees at Truckee Meadows Community College hereinafter, referred to as the Classified Council.
Article II: Philosophy
The Classified Council is hereby established whose objectives and goals will be to serve all State of Nevada Classified employees at Truckee Meadows Community College. Specifically, the goals of the Council are:
- To provide a means through which Classified employees may be represented and have a voice in making decisions which affect them directly;
- To provide an opportunity for Truckee Meadows Community College Classified employees to participate in the achievement of the goals and responsibilities of this institution, and to lend a unity of purpose to the efforts of the entire education community;
- To promote a sincere interest and concern for the continuing mission and goals of Truckee Meadows Community College;
- To seek active representation and involvement of Truckee Meadows Community College Classified employees in the affairs of higher education;
- To continually be concerned with current developments which may interest, benefit, or affect the Classified employees and the College;
- To provide a means of association and intercommunication among all employees within Truckee Meadows Community College;
The Classified Council is not a grievance board.
- Members are representatives of Classified employees within the State of Nevada and as such, no member shall use meetings to promote personal agendas or air personal problems. The Classified Council will not act on any issues that are incompatible with the objectives of Truckee Meadows Community College or the State of Nevada Classified Employees’ rights and regulations.
- Classified Council neither supplants nor supersedes any organization of employees now in existence or to be formed in the future, and the Classified Council shall maintain neutrality with any and all non- college employee groups.