As an international student on an F-1 visa, you will be required to meet with an International Academic Advisor before registering for classes in your first two semesters. Advising is encouraged every semester, but only mandatory in your first year at TMCC. You do not have an assigned Advisor. All of our International Academic Advisors can help you succeed at TMCC by introducing you to various campus resources, and assisting you with major exploration if you are uncertain of your degree and helping you explore options for transferring to a SEVP-certified college or university after graduation.
International students attending TMCC on an F-1 visa are required to:
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 credits per semester, 9 credits of which are in-person or hybrid.
- Purchase the international student health insurance plan before the semester begins.
- Attend classes for the entire semester.
- Complete mandatory academic advising before enrolling in your first two semesters.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Make normal progress toward program completion of an approved degree.