The accounting system maintains two basic types of accounts:
- State operating budget accounts
- Non-state cash accounts
Moving actual cash, or an appropriation from one cash account to another is called a cash transfer.
Process a Request for a Cash Transfer
- Complete the Cash Transfer Form.
- Download and fill out a Cash Transfer Form using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Include the reason for transfer.
- Include description and explanation.
- Attach backup showing account that needs to be reclassified.
- Obtain approval and signatures.
- Only authorized individuals can sign this form for approval.
- Two separate signatures are required: the preparer and the approval by the Cost Center Manager.
- Authorized individuals must both print and sign their names.
- Submit form to Accounting Services Cashier's Office.
- The form will be reviewed and if there are any questions we will contact the department.