The mission of the TMCC Veterans Resource Center (VRC) is to assist student veterans in their successful transition from military service to the academic environment.
Located in RDMT 241, we are here to help guide all veterans, eligible dependents and spouses, Nevada National Guard members, and active duty personnel in their educational goals. Entirely operated by veterans, the staff of the VRC is dedicated in using their own personal experiences to support other veterans and their families.
What We Offer
- Information regarding the details of VA educational benefits
- Assistance with the VA education benefits application (VONAPP)
- Computers for student veterans for use with VA benefit and TMCC enrollment related materials
- Assistance with retrieving military transcripts
- Private student veteran study areas
- Room for veterans to study, gather, and network
- Free coffee and popcorn
- Student veteran events around campus
- Information about our own Truckee Meadows Veterans Club (TMVC)
- External veteran-related information such as: Disabled American Veterans, Nevada Job Connect, Vietnam Veterans of America, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Veterans Upward Bound, Wounded Warrior Project, and many more
- Direct access to Veterans Integration to Academic Leadership (V.I.T.A.L.) representatives as well as VA counseling services
- Referrals to other College resources
Location and Hours of Operation
We are located on the Dandini Campus in the Red Mountain Building, room 241. We are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and closed Saturday and Sunday.
Contact Veterans Resource Center
If you need assistance, please call us at 775-337-5612 or send us a message.