This form is required to report the classes selected for each semester.
Before submitting this form, ensure that you have met with an academic advisor. Failure to do so could result in the selection of classes that will not be certifiable. Veterans Services employees will not be responsible for contacting students if their selected classes are not certifiable.
Note: All students receiving VA education benefits will be placed on a "Veteran Hold" upon certification of their enrollment to the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA). If you need to change your class schedule, contact the Veteran Services Office to have the hold temporarily removed.
Statement of Understanding
- I understand that in order to continue to receive benefits, I must submit this course submittal form electronically to the TMCC Veteran Services Office each semester after I have enrolled in classes.
- I understand that I must report any change in enrollment to TMCC's Veterans Education Benefits Office.
- I understand that I must declare a degree/certificate program for my chosen course of education. The DVA requires that all previous education and training be evaluated. It is the student's responsibility to provide TMCC with official transcripts for evaluation and complete the electronic Transfer Credit Evaluation Form.
- I understand that DVA benefits could be terminated if previous credit is not reported to the DVA by the end of the second semester of receiving benefits.
- I do not expect to be paid by the DVA for courses previously passed or for courses not required for my chosen objective or major and that I must make satisfactory academic progress toward graduation to continue to receive benefits.
- I understand that a grade of "W" or "I" may result in reduced payment from the DVA. The DVA will not pay for audited classes.
- I understand that a grade of "I" must be completed by the end of the next standard semester to prevent its conversion to the lowest grade on the course syllabus. If you receive an “I” in a Spring Semester, you have until the final day of the following Fall Semester to complete that course.
- I understand that courses of varied term length (i.e., different from the official Fall or Spring Semester term lengths) may be paid at a different rate based on the number of credits and length of the course.
- I understand the DVA will hold me responsible for any overpayment of my educational benefits.
- I understand that benefit payments are always paid one month in arrears and initial payment of benefits may sometimes be delayed depending on the DVA Regional Processing Offices' workload.
GI BILL® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website.
Complete and submit this form to initiate the verification process to the Veterans Administration.