Please read through our policies before making use of the Tutoring and Learning Center's (TLC) services.
- During the Fall and Spring academic semesters, students are allowed to schedule up to three hours of one-on-one tutoring per week (Mon–Sun).
- There are no limits on drop-in tutoring and supplemental instruction.
- Students must be enrolled at a TMCC site in the course for which they want to receive tutoring.
- We only tutor current TMCC students; this includes TMCC High School.
- We do not tutor for UNR classes.
- All students must know their TMCC username and password to use the TLC, whether they are dropping in for one question, using the space for homework, or making an appointment.
- If students want to bring a study buddy to their appointment, there are two ways to do this:
- Students can make back-to-back appointments and come together for the full time, if back-to-back appointments are available;
- Students may bring their study buddy to their session. The tutor will need a verbal agreement from both the student who made the appointment and the study buddy that it is okay for the two to share the session.
No-Show and Late Cancellation Policy
The Tutoring and Learning Center (TLC) relies on the punctuality and consistency of our students in order to continue to provide tutoring resources.
Unfortunately, our ability to provide those services to students is sometimes hampered when students book appointments with our tutors and then do not arrive for their appointments without formally canceling. When students do not show up for their appointments, other students lose the benefit of scheduling an appointment.
As such, the TLC has formally adopted policies concerning no-show violations and cancellations. All students utilizing the services of the TLC agree to abide by these policies and agree to the consequences of policy violations.
Canceling an Appointment
To cancel an appointment:
- Log in to your WC online account through your MyTMCC.
- Click on your appointment (the yellow box).
- At the bottom of the opened box, you will find a "Cancel this Appointment" button.
- Click on the box to cancel.
If you are unable to cancel your appointment online (the preferred method), you may call us at 775-674-7517 for assistance. We are equipped with a voice message system; please leave your cancellation notice through this messaging system if there is no answer.
Students with tutoring appointments have ten minutes to arrive for their intended appointment.
If you do not arrive within 10 minutes of the appointment’s scheduled start time, you will be considered a No-Show. Tutors are no longer obligated to meet with a student who arrives more than 10 minutes late for his/her session, but they may still choose to do so at their discretion and if no other student is waiting to work with a tutor.
Please note that if you are marked as a No-Show three times, your account will automatically become disabled, but you can contact us to discuss having your account reinstated for use.
Students may cancel online up to 60 minutes before an appointment is scheduled to start, but after that, they will need to call us at 775-674-7517 to cancel. Excessive late cancellations can affect your ability to continue to make appointments.
If you have any further questions please contact us.