Please read through our policies before making use of the Tutoring and Learning Center's (TLC) services.
- During the Fall and Spring academic semesters, students are allowed to schedule up to three hours of one-on-one tutoring per week (Mon.–Sat.).
- Students must be enrolled in a TMCC course for which they want to receive tutoring.
- We do not tutor for classes taught outside of TMCC (this includes UNR, WNC, GBC, WGU, and more).
- All students must know their TMCC username and password and/or have their student ID to use the TLC, whether they are dropping in for one question, using the space for homework, or making an appointment.
- Students need to be present and focused during tutoring sessions.
- Parents or adults responsible for children are encouraged to find appropriate care for their children during tutoring sessions.
No-Show and Late Cancellation Policy
The Tutoring and Learning Center (TLC) relies on the punctuality and consistency of our students in order to continue to provide tutoring resources.
Unfortunately, our ability to provide those services to students is sometimes hampered when students book appointments with our tutors and then do not arrive for their appointments without formally canceling. When students do not show up for their appointments, other students lose the benefit of scheduling an appointment.
As such, the TLC has formally adopted policies concerning no-show violations and cancellations. All students utilizing the services of the TLC agree to abide by these policies and agree to the consequences of policy violations.
Students with tutoring appointments have ten minutes to arrive for their intended appointment.
If you do not arrive within 10 minutes of the appointment’s scheduled start time, you will be considered a No-Show. Tutors are no longer obligated to meet with a student who arrives more than 10 minutes late for his/her session, but they may still choose to do so at their discretion and if no other student is waiting to work with a tutor.
Please note that if you are marked as a No-Show three times, your account will automatically become locked, but you can contact us to discuss having your account reinstated for use.