The Steps to Enroll for TMCC's CTE College Credit Program for High School Students were developed to support your success at TMCC. You must complete the following steps to earn free Career and Technical Education (CTE) College Credit while in high school.
- Determine Your Eligibility
High school students who receive the Nevada Department of Education Certificate of Skill Attainment may qualify for free college credit for approved programs. To be eligible you must:
- Complete the CTE program course sequence with a B average or higher.
- Pass the State End-of-Program Technical Skills Assessment.
- Pass the State Workplace Readiness Skills Assessment.
- Apply for Admission
Complete a TMCC Application for Admission and view important dates and deadlines. You will receive your NSHE Student ID number within seven days of submitting your application. Note: Your NSHE Student ID number is required to proceed to Step #3. If you have questions, contact the Admissions and Records office.
- Apply for TMCC CTE College Credit
Complete and submit a TMCC CTE College Credit Application (accepted within 3 years of graduating from high school).
- Complete New Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR)
SOAR covers information and resources you need to start your education at TMCC on the track to success, prepare a first semester class schedule and register.
- Register and Pay for Classes
Class registration and payment are completed through MyTMCC using your TMCC username and password. If you need assistance with your username or password and you know your NSHE Student ID number, visit the online self-service tools. If you do not know your NSHE Student ID number or would like additional registration assistance, call New Student Services at 775-673-7111.
- If you have any questions, please contact us.