Purpose and Goals
It is the belief of Truckee Meadows Community College that quality education is the result of a cooperative effort shared between the College and the Business Community toward the development and implementation of relevant curricula. With this purpose in mind, the following goals have been established for members of the TMCC Dental Hygiene Advisory Board:
- To provide recommendations to the staff of Truckee Meadows Community College Dental Hygiene Program regarding the development and operation of the Program.
- To provide Truckee Meadows Community College Dental Hygiene Program instructors with timely, professional information on the new methods, techniques and procedures used in the dental field.
- To help Truckee Meadows Community College Dental Hygiene Program determine community needs and objectives in the area of curricula and placement.
- To provide the essential communication link between Truckee Meadows Community College Dental Hygiene Program and the Business Community.
- To advise on curriculum content, facilities, and equipment of the Truckee Meadows Community College Dental Hygiene Program.
- To provide assistance to the College in the areas of externship, placement as guest speakers for selected courses, field-trip sites, and public relations activities.
Dental Hygiene Advisory Board Members
- Julie Ellsworth, PhD, Dean, Sciences Division
- Stacey Jacobs, RDH, Chairperson
- Kenneth Lang, DDS, MSD, Vice Chairperson
- Shelby Davis, RDH
- Brian Evans, DDS
- Michael Gilman, DDS
- Georgan Harriett, RDH
- Lori McDonald, RDH, MA
- Gene Pascucci, DDS
- Kathy Pinson, RDH, Secretary
- Patti Sanford, RDH, MA
- Julie Stage-Rosenberg, RDH, MA