All equipment received through donations immediately becomes the property of NSHE. Please follow these procedures to ensure all policies are followed.
The following documentation is required and must be submitted to the Auxiliary Services property inventory department within 10 days of receipt of the donation.
- A copy of the TMCC Donor Record and Gift Contribution Form.
- The receiving departments budgeted account number and fixed location code (FLOC).
- Submit all paperwork from the donor that is related to use, disposal, etc.
- All vehicles that are received must have a signed certificate of title, a scrap certificate of title or the manufacturer's donation documents. A check made payable to DMV will be requested from the department for the title change, plates and stickers.
- An annual smog certificate is required for all vehicles.
If your equipment fits the requirements set forth by the Board of Regents fixed assets policy, you will be contacted by the property inventory department to schedule a time that an NSHE inventory sticker can be affixed. Your equipment will be recorded on your fixed asset report and is to be treated the same as purchased equipment.
Note: out-of-state vehicles require a VIN inspection that will be set up by the Auxiliary Services property inventory department and University Police Services.