General Education at TMCC provides a coherent curriculum that consists of a foundation of interrelated academic and applied experiences. We introduce students to diverse ways of thinking and of understanding the world around us. General Education includes courses focused on communication, critical thinking, diversity, information literacy, people and cultural awareness, and quantitative reasoning.
GELO Data Dashboard
The GELO Data Dashboard provides an annual update of GELO achievement across the College.
Includes the ability to listen, speak, and write competently so as to gain skills to interact effectively with others; and to read with comprehension.
- Examine messages from print, electronic, and/or visual sources. Students will interpret meaning and credibility of the message.
- Use effective verbal or written delivery techniques. These include the appropriate use of structure, content, language, execution, technology, and non-verbal cues.
- Develop and express a thesis through an appropriate use of evidence/ logic/data.
- Display appropriate listening behaviors. This includes the attention to messages, the clarification of shared meaning, and the nonverbal confirmation of comprehension.
- Utilize audience analysis in the development of the communication message.
- Display effective group participation through the application of group discussion, group interaction, and/or public group presentation.
See Communication Rubric (revised Dec. 2017)