- Microsoft Office 365 for Students and Faculty
- Verizon Discounts
- Apple Discounts
- Dell Computer Discounts
- Employee Personal Computer Loans
- Other Tech Discount Programs
Symantec Anti-Virus Software
Faculty and staff are able to download Symantec (Norton) anti-virus software for home use. TMCC employees will first need to establish a remote connection to the TMCC network. Once connection is established, follow our detailed instructions.
The CDW-G contract and pricing are a reflection of the efforts of the NSHE Business Center North. Please use the contract search tool or product images to browse through over 150,000 technology products (hardware/software/services) at pre-negotiated, contract pricing.
Instructions for CDW-G:
- Select 'College/University' as your institution type, 'Nevada' as your state, and 'Truckee Meadows Community College' as your institution.
- Select either the 'Student' tab or 'Faculty' (also used by staff) tab as appropriate.
- Select the Microsoft tab. Note: By selecting the "Other Software" tab, additional software (such as MiniTab) can also be purchased.
Microsoft Office 365 for Students and Faculty
Microsoft offers Microsoft Office 365 for students and Faculty with a valid .edu email address. Please follow these directions to receive Office 365.
Note: Office 365 only stays active one year until it needs to be renewed. It can be renewed by using the same .edu email address you originally signed up with and it will stay active another year.
Verizon is offering TMCC employees 18% off monthly access charges on qualified plans, 25% accessory discount. For questions regarding the Employee Personal Phone Discount Program, please visit www.verizonwireless.com/discount or visit a retail location to speak to a representative.
Apple Discounts (for faculty, staff and students)
- TMCC faculty and staff: discounts on Apple products are offered to education employees at the Apple website.
- TMCC students: Apple product discounts are available.
Dell Computer Discounts (for faculty, staff and students)
Discounted pricing on Dell computer hardware is available to all TMCC faculty, staff and students (full or part-time). TMCC faculty, staff, and students receive "Members Only" pricing on all personal PCs from Dell, and "Exclusive Members Only" elite offers (up to 30% off list prices for select configurations of Dell consumer PCs).
- To order by phone: call the dedicated member telephone number 1-800-695-8133 and mention Member ID# US3166795
- To order online: go to www.dell.com/tmcc and enter the Member ID. Anyone purchasing can check out as a guest or create a new account to track their order.
TMCC Employee Personal Computer Loans
Personal Computer Loan Program
The TMCC Budget and Planning Office administers a personal computer loan program for TMCC employees; if you are a TMCC faculty or staff member, you are eligible for a loan of up to $2,000. Contact the Budget Specialist for more information.
Other Tech Discount Programs
Office Depot Discounts
Receive TMCC's discounts for goods purchased at local Office Depot stores. You must show a copy of the store purchasing card to receive the discount. Our account is set up as tax-exempt, and there are no shipping fees.
Toner Cartridge Recycling Discount
Cartridge World in Reno has toner cartridge recycling bins on each floor of every building on the Dandini Campus. There are signs explaining this recycling program posted next to each bin.
Empty cartridges can also be taken into the store. If you go to the store, show a student or staff ID and receive an additional 10% off.