Commencement is the formal celebration of the degree you have earned. It is a time for you to receive well-deserved recognition for your hard work and to celebrate your accomplishment. Beginning in January, an RSVP link will be provided below for you to let us know that you will be attending the Commencement Ceremony.
Participation in the Commencement Ceremony is optional and does not indicate that you have met the requirements to receive your degree.
A review and determination of your graduation status will be made after final grades are posted. Diplomas are not distributed at the ceremony. They will be mailed to the mailing address in your Student Center.
- Date and Location
- Commencement Program
- Graduation with Honors
- Phi Theta Kappa
- Academic Attire (Caps and Gowns) and Announcements
- Students and Participants with Disabilities
Date, Location, Time
We had hoped to bring you some good news about celebrating your graduation at our special Commencement Ceremony next month. Of course, we’ve also been diligently tracking COVID-19 related information and safety mandates from the Governor’s Office, the Washoe County Health District, as well as from our own TMCC Environmental Health and Safety Office.
Due to the continued moratorium on large public gatherings, and in consideration of your health and safety, TMCC has made the difficult decision to cancel the Class of 2020 Commencement Ceremony which would have taken place in September.
Mark your calendars: you are invited to participate in the combined Class of 2020 and 2021 Commencement Ceremony on Friday, May 21, 2021.
Here are some helpful tips to make sure you get all the info for your graduation:
- Please watch your personal email for more information about how to RSVP for the ceremony next spring.
- Keep your email address and contact information current with TMCC so that we can continue to update you. If you have any changes, please email us and include your name, TMCC student ID number and updated information, so that we can keep your record current.
- Watch the Reno Gazette-Journal over the coming weeks for a full listing and special recognition of the Class of 2020 graduates. (Hey, we’ll probably email you soon to let you know the exact dates!)
Everyone at TMCC, including your academic faculty, leadership, and staff, is eager to celebrate with you in May 2021. If you have questions, please feel free to email us.