New International Student Workshop: Employment Options for International Students
Sep. 18, 2020, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
In this interactive workshop, presented by TMCC’s Career Hub and International Student Services, you will have a chance to learn about the following:
- employment options for F-1 students, including on-campus employment and CPT, OPT, and economic hardship
- special employment issues for F-1 students
- 8 competencies employers are seeking and how to prepare for a successful transition into the workplace
- what CareerLink is and how to register
- the importance of resumes and what employers are looking for on your resume
- new perspective on what kind of work will bring you personal satisfaction while also meeting professional and financial goals
- tools for learning about specific occupations and how to discover opportunities to explore new kinds of work.
Location to be determined—invites will be sent out via TMCC email.