Supporting and Advancing Nevada’s Jobseekers
Reimagine your career with a new certification earned in a shorter amount of time and with more funding available than ever before. The Project SANDI (Supporting and Advancing Nevada’s Dislocated Individuals) grant is available to new, current and prospective students in Washoe County as part of a statewide initiative to increase the skills of Nevada’s workforce. TMCC has been awarded the Project SANDI grant to align workforce development around the state's resilient industries, ensuring a prosperous life for all Nevadans.
What is the Project SANDI Grant?
Project SANDI helps Nevada residents who have lost their jobs, are underemployed or are seeking their first jobs by offering short-term training resulting in industry-recognized credentials. TMCC offers accelerated training and degree programs for in-demand occupations such as healthcare, advanced manufacturing, logistics and information technology. Courses include credit and non-credit options that can be completed in a semester or less.
Interested in Project SANDI?
To learn more about Project SANDI, please fill out our interest form below.
- You must be a Nevada Resident
- You must be a US Citizen or a Legal Alien
- You need to fall into one of the below categories:
- Dislocated worker
- Underemployed or not employed
- New job seeker
- Limited English proficient adult
Once you are eligible for the Project SANDI grant, your tuition and lab fees associated with the class will be paid.
The following classes/programs are eligible under the Project SANDI grant:
- Advanced Manufacturing Workforce
- Auto Service Basic
- Auto Service Basic Diesel Tech
- Auto Service Electrical Diesel Tech
- Auto Service Heavy Diesel Tech
- Auto Service Light Diesel Tech
- Auto Service General Service
- Auto Service Master Level
- AutoCADD/Architectural Drafting
- Business Development Representative
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- CNC Milling
- CNC Turning
- CompTIA Certification Prep
- Data Analyst I Certificate
- Data Analyst II Certificate
- Dental Radiation Health and Safety
- Dietetic Technician
- EMT Basic
- EMT Advanced
- Fire Suppression
- Google IT Support Professional
- HVAC Installer
- Industrial Electricity
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Nursing Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Programmable Logic Controller
- Python Developer I Certificate
- Python Developer II Certificate
- Revit Architectural Drafting
- Sterile Processing Technician
- Tech Careers Basic
- Tech Careers Specialty – Back End
- Tech Careers Specialty – Front End
- Welding – FCAW and GTAW
- Welding – SMAW and GMAW
If you have any questions regarding eligibility or for assistance with your application, please contact Chelsey Coggin, TMCC Project SANDI Grant Manager at 775-857-4967.