Alumni of the Year serve as ambassadors of TMCC to their communities, and represent how far a TMCC education can propel a student into their future.
Every spring, TMCC collects nominations for the title of Alumna/us of the Year, which is selected by a committee of faculty, staff and community members. At Commencement each year, the Association bestows this honor to an individual who demonstrates excellent service to TMCC and to the Reno/Sparks community.
- Honor an outstanding TMCC alumnus/alumna.
- Increase recognition of the quality of a TMCC education.
- Promote TMCC within the community and throughout Nevada.
- Awardee shall be a TMCC graduate, degree holder, or program completer or Awardee shall have begun his/her advanced degree at TMCC.
- Awardee shall show evidence of community service.
- Awardee shall not be an employee of Truckee Meadows Community College.
- Alumni of the Year Nominations are due by March.
Note: Exceptions to these guidelines are permissible at the discretion of Truckee Meadows Community College.