TMCC uses Omnilert software to communicate with all College community members in case of an emergency requiring immediate notification, including weather alerts. These notices will not be used for regular College closures; they are reserved for emergencies only.
How Does it Work?
When an extreme emergency is identified by the University Police Department, the emergency alert system notifies users via text message, voice message, and email as necessary, determined by the level of emergency on campus.
Who Receives the Messages?
Current students, full-time and part-time faculty and staff of TMCC are automatically added to the system to receive these alerts.
- Students: Your contact information from your student profile in MyTMCC will be used for these alert messages. Please update your email and phone number in MyTMCC to reflect any changes, in order to receive these emergency alerts.
- Faculty/Staff: If your contact information is current in Workday, you will get a text message, email or voice message during this time. If you do not receive alerts, your contact information may not be current. To ensure that you will receive timely warnings in the future, please follow these directions:
- Log in to Workday.
- Click on your own name in the upper right-hand corner, and select "View Profile".
- In left bar, click on "Overview".
- In top menu, click on "Contact".
- To update your Home Contact Information, select "Edit" and enter your new contact information.
If you are not a current TMCC student, faculty or staff member, but wish to receive emergency communications, you may opt-in.
Examples of other groups who may wish to participate include:
- Families of the E.L. Cord Child Care Center
- Students and instructors of the Adult Basic Education program
- Employees of on-campus retail establishments (Bookstore, Cafe)
- Campus volunteers
- Concerned citizens