Educational Partnership Programs Frequently Asked Questions

Below are answers to TMCC's Educational Partnership Programs most commonly asked questions.

FAQ Questions


Yes, we refer and highly recommend all our students to schedule a Career Exploration appointment. Once you become eligible for an Educational Partnership Program, we can assist you in this process.

The Educational Partnership Program can help you explore scholarships, Federal Student aid, and depending on your eligibility, we may offer you supplemental assistance to pay for other college-related expenses such as tools, uniforms and gas.

Yes. Many ex-offenders do not apply to college because they assume they are not eligible for financial aid and are unsure of how to pay for college. TMCC can assist you in understanding your financial aid options so you can return to school. Financial Aid eligibility is primarily based on your income from 2 years prior. For example, for the 20–21 school year, you will provide your income from 2018. If you were incarcerated at this time, you likely had $0 income. You may be eligible for the full amount of PELL Grant funds. This will pay for your tuition and provide you with additional funds. You can use the money for transportation, computer, housing and anything else you need to successfully reach your education goals.

Nevada, like many other states, created a law that states "Displaced Homemakers should be provided services that would enable them to gain the knowledge, experience and self-esteem to become employed and self-sufficient."

The Displaced Homemaker Program, in partnership with the Nevada Department of Employment Training and Rehabilitation (DETR), is funded in part by divorce fees paid to the state courts.

In today's society, it is still common for one member of the family to maintain the home while someone is the primary wage-earner. This can include adults who have cared for their parents or those who have cared for their family while on state or federal benefits. The family financial support may suddenly be lost through divorce, death, job loss or other circumstances. The member of the family who maintained the home becomes a "displaced homemaker." The person may have been either unemployed or underemployed during the time he or she was a homemaker, so long as the homemaker was dependent upon another person for financial support.