If food is your passion a culinary degree could help make your dreams come true! TMCC offers multiple program options in the Culinary Arts for you to learn the foundational skills and get the hands-on experience you need to be successful in this career field.
Why Choose Culinary Arts at TMCC?
TMCC’s Culinary Arts majors offer several key advantages:
- Our Culinary Arts Program is accredited by the American Culinary Federation (ACF), and is recognized as a skilled food services program in Northern Nevada.
- Graduates from this program are eligible to apply for the first level certification as a Certified Culinarian, according to ACF standards.
- TMCC's Culinary Arts Program offers multiple opportunities for certificates, degrees and career advancement.
- Our teaching kitchen is state of the art and gives you the opportunity for excellent hands-on experience.
- As a student, you will have the opportunity to join the local branch of ACF, the High Sierra Chefs Association, which offers scholarships to students who are members.
- Employers seek our students and our graduates for employment and there is a huge need in our community for chefs and knowledgeable food workers.
- Our Culinary Arts Program works closely with our local community and industry professionals with opportunities to move outside the classroom, working in various positions, participating in workshops, events and fundraising.