Apr. 6, 2023, 1:30 - 3 p.m.
RDMT 231, Dandini Campus
Disposal: Departments with excess inventory, whether capitalized, sensitive or internal inventory, must notify the Auxiliary Services inventory clerk before making any plan for the disposal of any item. The inventory clerk then advises the department of the proper paperwork to be completed and how to dispose of the property in the best interest of the State of Nevada.
Salvage Drop-Off: Excess inventory may be disposed of through the TMCC Salvage/Surplus Program. Departments may drop off unwanted, outdated, and broken inventory on Salvage Drop-off Day. All excess inventory dropped off must be the property of TMCC.
- Drop-off Days/Hours: First Thursday of each month from 1:30–3 p.m.
- Drop-off Location: Caged area outside of RDMT 231.
Guidelines on Salvaging Inventory:
- Computers and laptops: must be processed and released as salvage by the IT Department. Submit an IT Customer Service Request and complete a work order for salvage hard drive configuration.
- Fixed assets: a completed and signed BCN Purchasing Property Transfer Form is required to salvage inventory classified as a fixed asset. Fixed assets have blue inventory stickers that must be attached to the change form.
- Furniture: Facilities Operations and Capital Planning handle the surplus of all furniture. To salvage furniture, submit a Facilities Service Request and complete a work order for the Facilities Maintenance Department.