Grief and Loss Workshop
Apr. 28, 2021, 12 - 1 p.m.
To learn more, or register to receive the Zoom link, please contact the Counseling Center.
How to Deal with the Grieving Process
In this workshop you will learn grieving a loss is an inevitable part of life. There are ways to help cope with the pain, come to terms with your grief, and eventually, find a way to pick up the pieces and move on with your life. These tools to deal with grief and loss maybe touched upon.
- Acknowledge your pain.
- Accept that grief can trigger many different and unexpected emotions.
- Understand that your grieving process will be unique to you.
- Seek out face-to-face support from people who care about you.
- Support yourself emotionally by taking care of yourself physically.
- Recognize the difference between grief and depression.
In addition to learning about how to process and deal with the process of loss, the five stages of grief will be discussed. It is important to acknowledge these stages of grief are not linear: we will circle in and out of these stages, and over time.
- Denial: “This can’t be happening to me.”
- Anger: “Why is this happening to me?”
- Bargaining: “Make this not happen, and in return I will_____.”
- Depression: “I’m too sad to do anything.”
- Acceptance : “I am at peace with what happened.”