International Student Workshop: Employment Options
Mar. 13, 2020, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
RDMT 112 (Advising Center Computer Lab), Dandini Campus
Employment Options for International Students
In this interactive workshop, presented by TMCC’s Career Hub and International Student Services, you will have a chance to learn about the following:
- Employment options for F-1 students, including on-campus employment and CPT, OPT, and economic hardship;
- Special employment issues for F-1 students;
- 8 competencies employers are seeking and how to prepare for a successful transition into the workplace;
- What CareerLink is and how to register;
- The importance of resumes and what employers are looking for on your resume;
- New perspective on what kind of work will bring you personal satisfaction while also meeting professional and financial goals;
- Tools for learning about specific occupations and how to discover opportunities to explore new kinds of work.
New F-1 international students are required to attend; attendance is optional for continuing F-1 students.