With all the remote learning, social distancing, and staying home these days, sometimes it’s easy to forget what day it is. That’s why we’re here to remind you that it’s time to register for summer and fall classes at TMCC. If this seems like an odd message to send out right now, we assure you it’s not. We’ve contacted all the experts, and they agree: now more than ever, it’s important for you to focus on yourself and to pursue your personal and professional dreams.
If you don’t believe us—no matter if you’re a new, continuing or returning student—we put together this list of five reasons why you need to register at TMCC now for either (or both!) our summer and fall semesters.
- You’ve already come so far. No matter if you are just graduating from high school, you’ve started a degree program or you want to change careers by pursuing a different degree path, think about it: you’ve already invested so much time and effort in your education. It would be a shame to put it to waste. Instead, this is the moment to keep going.
- High School graduates: you’ve been preparing for college since probably your sophomore year. You need to give yourself the opportunity to take the next step.
- Continuing students: you’ve overcome so many obstacles and challenges already, don’t give up now! Not only did you get through your first semester (a notoriously challenging time for any college student who is getting used to transitioning to a larger campus, more difficult classes, and the other demands of higher education)—you also weathered the challenges of remote learning during a worldwide pandemic! Those are considerable accomplishments. Pat yourself on the back, and trust yourself: you need to keep going.
- Returning students: If you need or want to change your career or to pursue another degree, this is the time to reinvent yourself. TMCC offers affordable options that can accommodate several learning styles and schedules.
- There’s no time like the present to do what you want to do. There’s every reason to pursue your dreams right now: as the economy re-opens and we slowly return to normalcy, there will be opportunities for professionals who are excited, ambitious, and passionate about what they do. Be someone who loves what they do and never works a day in their life. Sign up for classes that will open those doors for you.
- You’re definitely worth the investment. Don’t sell yourself short on what you are able to accomplish! Take a minute to envision yourself working in the career you’ve always wanted, and the lifestyle that accompanies that career. Think of the kind of work you will be doing: maybe you want to work in the medical field so that you can help others by acting as a healer or caretaker. Or, perhaps you want to work in the business world, working closely with others in an office setting. Or, maybe you’d like to specialize in HVAC/R repair, and you spend your days troubleshooting unique problems and seeing some amazing views from the roofs of buildings where those systems are often situated. Take a moment to consider that this could be your life: all you have to do is invest in yourself, and take the first step toward your future career.
- With affordable options and scholarship opportunities, TMCC is a cost-effective option. We recognize that the cost of both time and money is considerable for pursuing a certificate or degree at an institution of higher learning. However, TMCC is dedicated to your success and access to learning. We’re reasonably priced, yet we nonetheless offer 160 degrees and certificates that can be a quick way to get into a new career. Our four locations help to make getting to class more convenient, and we have plenty of online learning options as well.
- Be the change you want to see in the world. When you envision the future you want, you’re imagining not only a better life and livelihood for yourself, but also for others around you. Think about it: when you’re doing what you love, you’re able to give back to others—and yourself— more fully. By taking steps toward a more positive future and working toward your goals, you not only inspire those around you by your hard work and determination, but you’re also better equipped to help them in the way that you were meant to. So, don’t give up on that dream of becoming a nurse, a teacher, an engineer, a lawyer, a veterinary nurse, or whatever you dream of becoming—we need people just like you who are passionate and who believe in the strength of their dreams.
Ready, Set... Register!
If you’re more than ready to start your journey, TMCC is offering online classes for the first term of summer classes, and we are exploring the possibility of beginning to offer some hybrid classes during the second term. However, keep in mind that online learning has lots of benefits, including a more flexible class schedule and the ease of studying and completing school work from home. Summer classes are also shorter in duration than typical classes, so you can complete a three-credit class in a mere five weeks.
If traditional classroom learning is more your style, TMCC is tentatively planning on returning to normal operations in the Fall where most programs are offered in in-person settings. Of course, always check the class schedule to make sure the class you sign up for is taught in the modality that suits your life and other obligations.
So... what are you waiting for? Your future awaits... and there’s no time like the present to start working on turning your dreams into your reality.
Resources for Registration:
- For help with choosing classes, contact Academic Advising at 775-673-7062.
- For help with scholarships and financial aid, contact Financial Aid at 775-673-7072.
- For personal and career counseling, contact the Counseling Center at 775-673-7060.
- For help with registration, contact Admissions and Records at 775-673-7042.
If you would like more information on the registration process, contact TMCC’s Admissions and Records Office at 775-673-7042.