While you might have known that TMCC has four locations throughout the Reno/Sparks area, you might not know that TMCC’s Meadowood Center—conveniently located across from Meadowood Mall—offers students more than just a central location with ample, shaded parking. This location is home to TMCC’s Educational Programs Inspiring the Community (academic and workforce development, known as EPIC) programs such as the Frank N. Bender Center for Applied Logistics Management, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Certified Nursing Assistant Program and, most recently, is the new home for the TMCC Career Hub.
This center is also home to is a series of degree programs that you can earn without ever stepping foot on the Dandini Campus. So, if you’re like some of us who live in the south part of Reno, you might want to check out this TMCC location that will not only enable you to reach your academic goals, but it might also save you from having to negotiate traffic on the freeways.
Save on Gas, Get a Degree
If you work during the day—or even if you have a night job—you can earn a degree or certificate from the Meadowood Center. Thanks to a revised academic schedule, classes for specific degrees are offered both during the day and evening. These schedule revisions also enable you to take general education classes that won’t conflict with the times when the required courses for a specific degree are offered. In other words, all the classes required for these degrees are offered at the Meadowood Center (so there’s no need to worry about driving to the Dandini Campus.)
For example: if you work during the day, you could take night courses that would fulfill the general education and degree-specific requirements during the evening hours when you’re not working. Given that you’re also saving time by not having to drive across town, this can be a huge help for achieving your academic goals.
Currently, there are eleven degrees or certificates that can be earned exclusively at the Meadowood Center. These include:
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certification
- Phlebotomy and Clinical Laboratory Specialist Skills Certificate
- Veterinary Technology, Associate of Applied Science
- Associate of Arts Transfer degree (offered in day or evening)
- Associate of Science Transfer degree (offered in day or evening)
- Business Associate of Applied Science (offered during the day)
- Business Associate of Arts (offered during the day)
- Logistics, Certificate of Achievement (offered in the evening)
- Logistics Associate of Applied Science (offered in the evening)
- Logistics Operations Management, Bachelor of Applied Science (offered in the evening)
- Hospitality and Tourism Management, Associate of Arts (offered in the evening)
- Paralegal/Law, Associate of Applied Science (offered in the evening)
- Massage Therapy Certificate of Achievement (offered in the evening)
- Massage Therapy Entrepreneur, Associate of Applied Science (offered during the day)
Smaller Classes and Campus
While it’s not an argument we make often, smaller can, at times, be better. The Meadowood Center isn’t as big as TMCC’s Dandini Campus, so if you’re a first-year college student, you might not feel as overwhelmed there (or if you don’t like long walks between classes, you won’t find them at the Meadowood Center.) Class sizes also tend to be smaller, which means the ratio between our instructors and students is richer, granting you more personalized instruction.
And, in case you missed it: there’s free parking!
What are you waiting for? Check out all the perks of TMCC’s Meadowood Center so you can stop commuting and start earning your degree! For more information about the Meadowood Center, call 775-829-9004. For questions regarding specific degree requirements, contact Academic Advising at 775-673-7062.