Late Start classes for credit and transfer at Truckee Meadows Community College begin in the middle of February, while others start as late as the third week in March, but they all conclude in May.
Courses are now open for enrollment, and are scheduled to be convenient for students taking other classes, have jobs or family responsibilities. Options include online, evening or once-a-week sections. There are 148 classes offered as late-starting options.
“Many subjects are offered and it’s a great opportunity for students to fit in one more Spring Semester class,” said Andy Hughes, Director of Admissions and Records.
- To view Late Start classes: visit latestart.tmcc.edu
- To register for Late Start classes: use the "Additional Search Criteria" in the online searchable class schedule at MyTMCC. Select a session listed as Dynamic Dated (DYN) or Dynamic Dated Intensive (DYI) for late-starting classes
Another way to view the Late Start course options is to go to the Class Schedule page, choose Spring 2018, and then in the class schedule search, under "Start Date" select "Late Start Only".
Late-starting courses include, but are not limited to, the following subjects and more:
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Art; Visual Foundations
- Automotive; Electricity, Steering and Suspension, Engine Performance
- Aviation; Unmanned Aerial Systems, UAV
- Biology; Anatomy and Physiology, Microbiology, Dissection
- Business; Introduction to Business
- Core Humanities
- Criminal Justice; Legal Research and Methods, Legal Writing
- Culinary Arts; Sanitation/HACCP, Garde Manger, International Cuisine, Wines of South America
- Early Childhood Education; Activities for Physical Development in Young Children
- EMS; CPR and First Aid, Hospital Clinical Experience, Field Internship
- English 101 and 102, Composition I and II
- Fire Science; Entry Level Firefighter
- History; Survey of U.S. Constitutional History
- Information Systems; Introduction
- Massage (many courses)
- Math; Elementary and Intermediate Algebra, and Pre-Calculus I and II
- Nursing Assistant
- PEX; Yoga and Zumba
- Political Science; Introduction to American Politics
- Psychology, General Psychology
- Real Estate Law and Practice
- Sociology; Principles of Sociology, Ethnic Groups in Contemporary Societies
- To register for a Late Start class, log in to MyTMCC.
- Pay your tuition and fees within 48 hours after you enroll.
- Students enrolling in Late Start courses must meet the class prerequisites (check the online searchable class schedule for any required prerequisites).
- If you haven't applied for admission to TMCC yet, go to stepstoenroll.tmcc.edu
For more information about late-starting classes, call 775-673-7111.