Late start classes for credit and transfer are now open for enrollment and can help a student get that one extra course needed. Some of the sections begin in February, March or April, and students can register at MyTMCC.
High-demand late start classes have recently been added to the Spring Schedule and start in February. They are all Web sections and fit tight schedules of students who have other classes or work.
- ECON 102: Principles of Microeconomics, section 3003 (38379)
- MKT 210: Marketing Principles, section 3003 (38378)
- ACC 201: Financial Accounting, section 3002 (38376)
- ACC 202: Managerial Accounting, section 3002 (38377)
Math courses starting in February and March include:
- MATH 95: Elementary Algebra, section 8001 (22372)
- MATH 126: Pre-Calculus I, section 9507 (37036)
- MATH 127: Pre-Calculus II, sections 5005 and 5006
The Production Technician training program offers classes that students can take at their own pace in an innovative open-entry, closed-exit format. Large firms moving into the region will greatly increase demand for staff trained in this field of advanced manufacturing. For more information about this program, contact Cheryl Olson at 775-856-5304.
Complete ENG 101 and 102 in one semester, or enroll in Art or Music
English 101 with 102 are being offered for students interested in completing these courses online:
- ENG 101: Composition I, section 5301 (38515)
- ENG 102: Composition II, section 5301 (38516)
For artistic students, there are visual and performing arts classes that meet from April 1-May 13.
- ART 100: Visual Foundations, section 5501 (37491)
- ART 270: Women in Art, section 5301 (38517)
- MUSIC 121: Music Appreciation, section 5001 (31050)
Other popular subjects for late-starting classes beginning in February, March and April include:
- Anthropology 101: Introduction, and 201: Cultures of the World
- Early Childhood Education, multiple course selections
- Environmental Science 100: Humans and the Environment
- Core Humanities: 201, 202, 203
- Geography 210: Geotechnology
- HIT 180: Health Information Management
- Human Development and Family 201: Lifespan Human Development
- HUM 101: Introduction to Humanities
- IS 101: Introduction to Information Systems
- Mental Health 154: Advanced Therapeutic Interventions, and 160: Understanding Mental Illness
- Nursing 140: Medical Terminology, and 142: Fundamentals of Pharmacology
- Philosophy 101
- Political Science 101
- Psychology 101
- Sociology 101
- and more
To view available late start classes, use the "Additional Search Criteria" in the online searchable class schedule at MyTMCC. Select a session listed as Dynamic Dated or Dynamic Dated Intensive (DYN or DYI) for late start classes.
Another option to search for late-starting classes
- In MyTMCC, bring up the Search for Classes window. TMCC is the default value in the "Institution" field.
- In the "Term" field, enter "2016 Spring"
- "Subject" field is optional
- Below, under Additional Search Criteria, there is a "Session" field – enter "Seven Week - Second," or DYN or DYI
- Click "Search"
- To register for a late start class, log in to MyTMCC.
- Pay your tuition and fees within 48 hours after you enroll.
- Students enrolling in late start courses must meet the class prerequisites (check the online searchable class schedule at MyTMCC for any required prerequisites).
- If you haven't applied for admission to TMCC yet, go to stepstoenroll.tmcc.edu
Late start classes may be a practical and timely option. For more information, call 775-673-7155.