The MyTMCC app is now live, giving students and staff access to many looked-for services on their Android and Apple smartphones, and electronic tablets including iPads.
“It’s a huge trend with colleges right now,” said Shanna Rahming, Business Analyst at Truckee Meadows Community College. “Many information technology departments are moving student information systems to be mobile ready. The idea is to make information viewable on a phone or tablet without a great deal of scrolling, a much nicer viewing situation.”
MyTMCC App Is Available for Download Now
The free app only needs to be downloaded once per device. Once it’s on the mobile phone or tablet, users simply click on the app’s icon to open it.
How to get the new MyTMCC Mobile app:
- For Android, go to Google’s Play Store, or for iPhone/iPad to Apple’s App Store or iTunes
- Search "MyTMCC"
- Enter your password for Google Play Store or iTunes, and download the FREE app
- When you first launch your new MyTMCC app, a screen will appear with quick directions for using the two navigational icons and swiping pages forward and backward
- Squares for Courses, Directory, Maps, Canvas, and Facebook will keep you connected!
A mini-tutorial will be up soon on TMCC's YouTube channel, Rahming said. This brief video will guide a new user in operating the new app.
In the app, students are able to:
- Access TMCC phone directory
- Search for and enroll in courses
- View grades
- Monitor their account activity
- Check financial aid status
- Check holds
- View to-do lists from Admissions and Records
- Look at schedule
- View Transcripts
Also available are:
- Link to maps
- Calendar of events
- Log on to Canvas
- Link to social media; Facebook and Twitter
- Link to Elizabeth Sturm Library
- College photos and videos
- TMCC home page College news stories
- Emergency square to dial TMCC police, TMCC’s main number, or 911
TMCC will use the Kryptos system version of the app, which will allow the IT department to make changes even after the free app has been downloaded from the store.
Intriguing possibilities exist for apps
There are all kinds of future possibilities if the community chooses to become unique in finding creative solutions for needs specific to the College.
Rahming says new features can be added to the mobile app, and that its shape will be inspired by the College community’s feedback and responses.
For more information about TMCC’s new mobile app, contact the IT Student Help Desk at 775-673-7800.