COVID-19: Suggested Optional Statements
- In the event of a positive COVID-19 test, TMCC will follow the quarantine recommendations from the Washoe County Health District and follow protocol to identify contacts and enact appropriate safety measures to address the needs of that individual and others who came into contact.
- Follow the room entry and exit directions of your instructor, sit in designated spots, and maintain physical distance while in class.
- Contact your instructor to arrange a make-up plan or virtual work plan for coursework missed due to illness or quarantine.
- If you are experiencing anxiety or other difficulties, please contact TMCC's Counseling Center.
Email and Discussion Guidelines
It's simple, be professional and courteous by exhibiting the same respect in an online class as you would in a face-to-face class.
A few key points:
- Always address the person you are responding to.
- Do try to think about the message content before you send it out.
- Come across as respectful, friendly, and approachable.
- Copy into your message the relevant part of the post to which you’re responding.
- Treat each other with respect at all times.
- Make thoughtful posts in paragraph form when emailing.
- Put your name and section in the subject line.
- Don't reply to emails or discussions when angry.
- Don't type in CAPITALS.
- Don't overuse punctuation such as exclamation marks, as these are meant to be for emphasis.
Behave in a manner which contributes to a positive learning environment for all in the classroom.