Per the NFA Contract, Article 10, TMCC is announcing to all eligible Academic and Administrative faculty that a need exists for a Visual and Performing Arts Coordinator.
This Additional Assignment is contingent upon budget approval.
Apr. 21, 2021
The coordinator is to assist the Visual and Performing Arts Department Chair, with the following support as related to the Visual Arts.
Scope of Work
This is an assignment requiring additional work days/hours outside regular contract days, including times as needed during the Summer months to fulfill duties. The assignment begins July 1, 2021 and ends June 30, 2022; approximately 105 work hours. This additional assignment is not automatically renewed annually.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- With the assistance of the other full-time faculty and utilizing the Human Resources system and process, recruit and recommend, including conducting reference checks, part-time faculty for teaching positions in all visual arts programs.
- With the assistance of the Chair, observe and mentor part-time faculty in teaching situations in all visual arts programs.
- With assistance of other full-time faculty, recommend textbooks and coordinate textbook orders and follow through to make sure all orders are successful.
- Along with the Department Chair, coordinate the programs’ liaisons with UNR and other system institutions.
- With assistance from other full-time faculty, develop, promote and deliver programs for the community.
- Assessment processes must be ensured. In this aim the coordinator will:
- Assist in the collection and analysis of established program and general education assessment data and produce an annual report based on these findings.
- Develop, revise and review assessment guidelines and procedures as necessary.
- Work with faculty senate committees to ensure compliance with college policies and procedures.
- Design and develop new courses, programs and curricula as needed.
- Prepare documents affecting the operation of the program such as strategic plans, equipment requests, facilities planning, program reviews, budget requests, etc.
- Work closely with the Chair to resolve issues and problems related to part-time faculty in all visual arts programs.
- Develop each semester’s class schedule for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Under the supervision of the Department Chair, maintain the operating budgets and supervise lab accounts related to all areas of visual arts.
- Coordinate the tracking and support of the student progress in each of the visual arts programs.
- Attend regular meetings with the Dean and Department Chairs.
- Other duties as agreed upon by Coordinator and Department Chair or Dean.
At the end of each semester, the program coordinator will provide a written report that details the progress and activities to the department chair and dean. The report will describe that semester’s progress on each job duty.
The ideal candidate for this position will meet the following criteria:
- Current TMCC Visual Arts faculty.
- One year full time teaching experience in Visual or Performing Arts.
- Must be familiar with the curriculum components of the Visual or Performing Arts, including assessment practices, as well as the relevant transfer agreements.
Three credits of reassigned time per semester (six credits/year total) or monetary equivalent.
Visual and Performing Arts Chair.
Interested faculty will submit a letter of interest describing qualifications and background information as relevant to the responsibilities outlined above and a current CV. The letter should be addressed to the Liberal Arts Dean and must be received in that office by 5 p.m. on Monday, May 3, 2021. Administrative faculty must include a documented plan for separation of the additional assignment work from regular work time.
The Liberal Arts Dean will notify applicants of the hiring decision on or before May 10, 2021.