Per the NFA Contract, Article 10, TMCC is announcing to all eligible Academic and Administrative faculty that a need exists for a Success First Faculty Coordinator.
March 8, 2019
Provide support for Access, Outreach and Recruitment in accomplishing department goals for implementation of the 2019-2020 Success First program.
Scope of Work
Summer 2019 from Monday, June 24 to Thursday, August 7, 2019. Fall 2019/Spring 2020, estimated at 160–200 hours over both semesters.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
Coordinate issues with Summer Bridge faculty related to the 2019 Success First Summer Bridge program:
- Send out and track weekly progress reports from Summer Bridge faculty/staff regarding participants in the program who have been identified as needing additional support. Coordinate and participate in progress report follow up meetings with Success First staff/coaches.
- Co-chair the weekly faculty/staff meetings with lead Access, Outreach and recruitment Success First coordinator.
- Be accessible on a daily basis (Monday, June 24- Thursday, August 7, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.) for Success First Summer Bridge participants who need counseling services to support their academic progress.
- Be accessible on a daily basis (Monday, June 24- Thursday, August 7, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.) to Summer Bridge faculty and staff members as a resource regarding student success efforts in and outside the classroom.
- Assist in the evaluation of the 2019 Summer Bridge program by administering and collecting data from Success First Summer Bridge faculty, staff and students. Make recommendations regarding changes to the program.
Fall 2019 and Spring 2020
Coordinate issues with college departments involved in the Success First 2019 student cohort:
- Assist Program Coordinator in overseeing Success Coaching of the 2019 cohort during 2019-2020 academic year.
- Serve as Success Coach for 2019-2020 Success First Students
- Utilize Starfish to respond to progress reports for Success First students and provide appropriate support services for fall 2019 and spring 2020.
- Assist Program Coordinator in coordinating faculty/staff from, math, EPY 101 and Tutoring and Learning Center Coordinators for the 2019 Success First Summer Bridge program.
- Assist Program Coordinator for Summer Bridge in making changes to the program as a result of the evaluation conducted August 2019.
- Plan and implement a 2019 Success First Summer Bridge faculty/staff orientation to review program changes and requirements for upcoming year.
- Plan and co-chair the 2019 Success First Kick-Off meeting for 2019 student participants to review program changes and requirements for upcoming year.
- Prior to the start of the 2019 Success First Summer Bridge, prepare materials needed for use in the six-week 2019 Success First Summer Bridge.
- Master’s degree in Counseling or related field.
- 2 years minimum experience in counseling, advising or retention services in higher education.
- 2 years’ experience working with low income, first generation college students.
- Ability to work Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 24–August 7, 2019 during the Success First 2019 Summer Bridge program.
Stipend of $8,000.
Jennifer Zarco, College Recruitment Coordinator, Access, Outreach and Recruitment/Success First Program.
Interested faculty will submit a letter of interest describing special qualifications and background information no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, Apr. 8, 2019. The letter should be addressed to Jennifer Zarco, Program Coordinator. NOTE: Administrative faculty must include a documented plan for separation of the additional assignment work from regular work time.
Program Coordinator will notify applicants of the hiring decision on or before Monday, May 1, 2019.