Per the NFA Contract, Article 10, TMCC is announcing to all eligible academic and administrative faculty that a need exists for four (4) Starfish Faculty Facilitators.
July 23, 2019
The facilitators will play a critical role in encouraging and ensuring faculty understand, and successfully utilize the main features of Starfish. Facilitators will serve as a guide and mentor and as such, the pedagogical voice in the program assisting faculty as they learn about, implement, and reflect on the features of Starfish. The role of facilitator takes approximately 5 hours per week and consists of the following responsibilities:
Facilitators will run faculty through use cases for the main features of Starfish. Each faculty cohort will be given a 'syllabus' that details which features will be the focus for practice and discussion for specified times during the academic year. The number of interactions will be decided after Facilitators are selected, but would anticipate professional development workshop sessions in Fall 2019 and Spring 2020; and six (6) interactions each semester.
Scope of Work
Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 with an estimated 75 hours per semester.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
Before the Course Starts:
- Attend Starfish Training Session. One Professional Development Workshop on August 22 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. And shorter professional development workshops in Spring 2020.
- Develop syllabus highlighting the main features of Starfish.
During the semesters:
- Share information about yourself and your tips and tricks of Starfish with your cohort.
- Follow up with any faculty who missed the training and walk them through helpful features in Starfish.
- Help faculty enhance communication, track academic performance, and connect support services with students who need it most.
- Monitor cohort usage encourage cohort to expand Starfish usage.
- Share ideas, answer questions and steer cohort toward successful implementation of Starfish applications.
- At the end of each semester, the faculty facilitator will provide a written report that details the progress of their cohort to the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Current TMCC FT tenured or tenure-track faculty member with heavy Starfish experience.
- Must be available to attend at least one day of planning, and one day of training off-contract (summer months.)
2 credit release per semester (4 credits total)
Vice President of Academic Affairs
Interested faculty will submit a letter of interest to the Vice President of Academic Affairs no later than August 5, 2019. Administrative faculty must include a documented plan for separation of the additional assignment work from regular work time.
Applicants will be notified on or about August 6, 2019.