Per the NFA Contract, Article 10, TMCC is announcing to all eligible Academic and Administrative faculty that a need exists for an NWCCU Report Editor.
January 29, 2018
The NWCCU Report Editor will assist the Accreditation Liaison Office (ALO) and Accreditation Committee to submit TMCC’s Mid-Cycle Self-Evaluations and two Ad Hoc Reports due to the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU) by on or about the September 15, 2018 deadline.
Scope of Work
Spring 2018 and Summer 2018 with an estimated time of 30 hours.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- The primary responsibility will be to compile final drafts of TMCC’s Mid-Cycle and two Ad Hoc reports, which are due to NWCCU by on or about September 15, 2018, by editing, revising, and bringing a cohesive voice to previous drafts written by Accreditation Committee members. During this process, the NWCCU Report Editor will also need to:
- Attend remaining regular (approximately every 4-6 weeks) meetings of the Accreditation Committee in Spring 2018 and occasional meetings during Summer 2018. The next scheduled meeting is Feb. 16, 2018 at 1 p.m.
- Collaborate with the original authors of TMCC’s Mid-Cycle and two Ad Hoc reports.
- Attend formal and informal forums with various campus constituencies and incorporate their feedback into TMCC’s Mid-Cycle and two Ad Hoc reports.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- One academic year experience working, preferably teaching, at TMCC.
- Familiarity with the eligibility requirements, standards, and reporting requirements of NWCCU.
- Familiarity with TMCC’s general organizational and planning structure.
- $1,600. This is an additional assignment scheduled to begin after the start of the 2018 Spring Semester and continuing into Summer, when faculty are off contract. Paying a stipend in lieu of release time will ensure that an academic faculty applicant would receive appropriate compensation.
Associate Dean of Assessment and Planning/Accreditation Liaison Officer
Interested individuals will submit a letter of interest describing qualifications no later than 5 p.m. on February 9, 2018. The letter should be emailed to the Associate Dean of Assessment and Planning and Accreditation Liaison Officer. Administrative faculty must include a documented plan for separation of the additional assignment work from regular work time.
The Associate Dean/ALO will notify applicants of the hiring decision on or before February 13, 2018.