Per the NFA Contract, Article 10, TMCC is announcing to all eligible Academic and Administrative faculty that a need exists for an Mopar CAP Training Center Coordinator.
This position will oversee the curriculum development, training and implementation of the Mopar CAP Level 1 Training Center at TMCC in AY 2018-19. The Mopar CAP Local designation means students will be able to graduate as certified Chrysler/Fiat Level 1 Technicians making them eligible to complete warranty work and potentially eligible for higher than entry level pay. This project above and beyond normal faculty updating of curriculum.
July 10, 2018
The coordinator will organize and implement the elements required for Mopar CAP certification including curriculum, equipment and instructor training.
Scope of Work
This is an assignment requiring additional work days/hours outside regular contract days and hours. This assignment begins July 30, 2018 and will be completed by June 30, 2019. This additional assignment is not automatically renewed.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Attend required training
- Complete all online modules (est. 35 hrs)
- Determine the placement of additional training in the existing program curriculum
- Obtain input from program instructors
- Integrate new content into classes offered in the Fall by Aug. 27, 2018 and classed offered in the Spring by Jan. 28, 2019
- Training: Ensure all program instructors teaching impacted classes are training and authorized to deliver program content.
- Program Administrator:
- Set up accounts for all instructors teaching and students enroll in automotive classes for the 2018-19 AY.
- Monitor accounts for progress and report issues to appropriate class instructor
- Respond to and resolve any issues or system glitches.
- Print semester end student reports and retain documentation as needed.
- Equipment: Oversee the procurement and installation of equipment required to meet Mopar CAP Training Center requirements.
- Be a liaison with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) for center promotion and student placement.
- Other duties agreed to with the director.
The ideal candidates for this position will meet the following criteria:
- Current TMCC instructor.
- One-year full-time teaching experience or combination of experience and teaching.
- Have experience with Automotive program curriculum and equipment
$4,125. Paying a stipend in lieu of release time will ensure that an academic faculty applicant will receive appropriate compensation.
Director of Applied Technologies.
At the end of each month, the coordinator will provide a written report that details progress and activities to the department chair and director.
Interested faculty will submit a letter of interest describing qualifications and background information as relevant to the responsibilities outlined above, and a current CV. The letter should be addressed to the Director of Applied Technologies and must be received in that office by 5 p.m. on July 23, 2018.
The Director of Applied Technologies will notify applicants of the hiring decision on or before July 27, 2018.