Per the NFA Contract, Article 10, TMCC is announcing to all eligible Academic and Administrative faculty that a need exists for a Math Department Part-time Faculty Coordinator.
July 22, 2021
Math Part-Time Faculty Coordinator
Scope of Work
This position will serve the 2021–2022 academic year. The assignment will cover 172 contract days of the academic year. The position requires an estimated 100 hours total on-campus work hours from the academic year during contract days, or approximately 3 hours/week in addition to any regularly scheduled office hour for the Fall and Spring semester. The coordinator shall also be responsive to emails on a regular basis during contact days. This additional assignment is not automatically renewed annually.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Assist the department chair in scheduling and conducting observation of part-time math faculty.
- Coordinate meeting and sharing the observation with Part-Time faculty and share observation with department chair. New Part-time Faculty shall be observed a minimum of once per semester, and then once every three years thereafter, unless concerns arise. If so, a follow up observation shall be conducted within the academic year.
- Make available the schedule of planned observations, ensure all observations are signed and filed appropriately.
- Ensure part-time compliance with program and discipline guidelines, including collecting and reviewing syllabi and course outlines.
- Work with the part-time faculty to ensure common standard across the math curriculum, which may include participation in relevant department committees.
- Assist in providing any professional development for math part-time faculty.
- Develop and maintain mentoring partnerships between part- and full-time faculty.
- Update and maintain the department part-time handbook.
- Write reports, as required.
- Other duties agreed to with the department chair and/or dean.
- Current TMCC Full-time Math Faculty
- Three years full time teaching experience in gateway and developmental math
- Be familiar with the Math Department and its course offerings
- Proven organization, written, and oral communication skills
- Proven skills in course development using Canvas
This is a “B” contract position with 3 credits stipend or release time per semester (Fall and Spring).
Math Department Chair
Interested faculty will submit a letter of interest describing special qualifications and background information no later than 5 p.m. on Aug. 6, 2021.
The letter should be addressed to Anne Flesher, Math and Physical Sciences Dean. NOTE: Administrative faculty must include a documented plan for separation of the additional assignment work from regular work time.
The Dean will notify applicants of the hiring decision on or before Aug. 9.