Per the NFA Contract, Article 10, TMCC is announcing to all eligible Academic and Administrative faculty that a need exists for an HVAC/R Special Summer Projects Coordinator.
This position will oversee laboratory moves and equipment set to match upcoming curriculum needs. Due to the need to relocate two of the three HVAC labs, this work could not be completed during the semester and is above and beyond normal faculty updating of curriculum.
July 10, 2018
The part-time summer coordinator will organize the relocation and setup of the HVAC/R basic lab and the relocation, ordering of equipment and set up for the HVAC/R refrigeration labs
Scope of Work
This is an assignment requiring additional work days/hours outside regular contract days and hours. This assignment begins August 1, 2018 and will be completed by September 30, 2018. This additional assignment is not automatically renewed.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Relocate lab equipment from EDSN 209, 212 & 278 to EDSN 271.
- Coordinate electrical installations needed for equipment relocation.
- Install and organize equipment
- Test operation
- Relocate lab equipment from EDSN 170 to EDSN 278.
- Dismantle and dispose/salvage outdated equipment.
- Coordinate purchase of new refrigeration equipment
- Oversee delivery and installation of equipment, assemble and install as needed
- Test equipment operation
- Other duties agreed to with the director.
The ideal candidates for this position will meet the following criteria:
- Current TMCC instructor.
- One-year full-time teaching experience or combination of experience and teaching.
- Have experience with HVAC/R lab equipment.
$3,725. Paying a stipend in lieu of release time will ensure that an academic faculty applicant will receive appropriate compensation.
Director of Applied Technologies
At the end of each month, the coordinator will provide a written report that details progress and activities to the department chair and director.
Interested faculty will submit a letter of interest describing qualifications and background information as relevant to the responsibilities outlined above, and a current CV. The letter should be addressed to the Director of Applied Technologies and must be received in that office by 5 p.m. on July 23, 2018.
The Director of Applied Technologies will notify applicants of the hiring decision on or before July 27, 2018.