Per the NFA Contract, Article 10, TMCC is announcing to all eligible academic and administrative faculty that a need exists for an Faculty Representative for EATS Architect Selection Committee.
June 8, 2018
The faculty representative on the EATS Architect Selection Committee will (1) participate in all meetings of the selection committee, (2) review all submissions from design firms that responded to the Request For Qualifications, (3) evaluate each submission for ability to complete project as described, and (4) attend presentations by finalists to complete selection process.
Scope of Work
The faculty representative serves during the Summer 2018 Session. The assignment is expected to require 15-20 hours on various days. This additional assignment is not automatically renewed.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Participate in Selection Committee meetings as scheduled throughout the term.
- Review and rank submissions based on minimum and preferred qualifications.
- Represent needs of academic programs that will use the building to other committee members.
- Attend presentations of firms selected as finalists.
- Vote on final selection.
- Observe all rules and policies pertaining to confidentiality of the process.
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Current TMCC faculty related to one or more of the following programs:
- Performing Arts
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Graphic Arts
- Preferred: department or division leadership
- Preferred: prior design experience
This assignment pays a stipend of $825.
The executive director of Facilities and Capital Planning.
Interested faculty will submit a letter of interest describing special qualifications and background information no later than 5 p.m. on June 20, 2018. The letter should be addressed to the executive director of Facilities and Capital Planning. Note: administrative faculty must include a documented plan for separation of the additional assignment work from regular work time.
The Executive Director will notify applicants of the hiring decision on or before June 22, 2018.