Per the NFA Contract, Article 10, TMCC is announcing to all eligible Academic and Administrative faculty that a need exists for the creation of Faculty Corequisite Enrollment Support (up to 5 positions.)
June 11, 2021
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) Board of Regents (BOR) has prioritized math and English completion and consequently has issued a policy (BOR Handbook Title 4, Chapter 16, Section 1) that requires students who want to earn a degree or certificate to complete their college-level math and English courses within the first year of enrollment. The policy is based on national data showing that students who complete their college-level math and English courses early have much higher rates of earning a degree.
Scope of Work
July 1, 2021 through July 30, 2021; approximately 30–45 hours of work.
The individuals tasked with creating the training materials for Faculty Corequisite Enrollment Support will be creating training materials aimed at understanding the basics of Academic Advisement, Math and English enrollment and possible pathways appropriate to students’ academic preparedness and degree plans. The training will be created through Canvas.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Become familiar with BOR Policy (Title 4, Chapter 16, Section 1).
- Create Canvas course for training the Faculty Corequisite Enrollment Support individuals for the 2021–22 academic year to include:
- Introduction to Academic Advisement
- Outline of the policy and implications for students, including connecting to the TMCC Action Plan
- Math enrollment pathways and enrollment
- English enrollment pathways and enrollment
- Reading an Academic Advisement Report and “What-If” report in PeopleSoft
- Understanding transfer planning and NSHE transfer agreements and how transfer plans impact degree plan and math and English enrollment
- Enrollment logistics
- Referral resources at TMCC for students
- Serve as a resource for the Faculty Corequisite Enrollment Support with questions regarding the training.
- Administrative faculty with a minimum of 2 years experience in TMCC Academic Advisement
- Thorough understanding of math and English placement pathways and sequencing for all degree programs at TMCC and NSHE transfer institutions
- Demonstrated rapport with students o Excellent oral communication skills
- Basic end-user knowledge of PeopleSoft and Canvas as well as high comfort level and ability to learn new software
$2,550. This additional assignment is supported by grants from the corequisite grant dollars.
Dr. Natalie Brown, Executive Director, Advising and Access Services
Interested administrative faculty must submit a letter of interest describing special qualifications and background information no later than 5:00pm on June 23, 2021.
- A cover letter of no more than two paragraphs describing the applicant’s interest in creating the Canvas training program for Faculty Corequisite Enrollment Support
- A resume outlining the applicant’s qualifications.
The letter should be addressed to Dr. Natalie Brown, Executive Director, Advising & Access Services. NOTE: Administrative faculty must include a documented plan for separation of the additional assignment work from regular work time.
The Executive Director, Advising & Access Services will notify applicants of the hiring decision on Friday, June 25, 2021.