Per the NFA Contract, Article 10, TMCC is announcing to all eligible academic and administrative faculty that a need exists for an English Corequisite Lead Faculty.
Dec. 9, 2021
The English Corequisite Lead Faculty, supervised by the Chair, will help to develop ENG 100 curriculum, facilitate faculty curricular discussions by maintaining the ENG 100 Community Digital Sandbox, participate in the training and development of a designated tutor program specifically for ENG 100 sections, and provide overall support for full and part-time faculty teaching the English 100 Corequisite Composition course.
Scope of Work
This assignment will begin Jan. 24, 2022 and will end May 13, 2022. This position will entail approximately 9 hours per week over the course of Spring Semester. This additional assignment is grant funded and is not automatically renewed.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Conduct research into best practices for Corequisite English Composition pedagogy and share the research with the Department.
- Coordinate with the Learning Commons staff a designated tutor program for ENG 100 sections, including recruitment of qualified tutors.
- Conduct ENG 100 content-specific training for writing tutors as a part of existing tutor training program.
- Develop and maintain the English Department ENG 100 Community Digital Sandbox.
- Serve on the TMCC Corequisite Task Force and, as needed, attend other meetings relating to the implementation of corequisite coursework and the development of ENG 100 curriculum.
- Work with the Chair to develop an ENG 100 Lifeboat pilot project to increase retention rates, including the development of a series of faculty-generated videos to function as a free digital educational resource for faculty and students.
- Write reports as required.
- Other duties agreed to with the Dean and the Chair.
The English Corequisite Lead Faculty will report to the Department Coordinator and the Department Chair and have bi-weekly meetings. At the end of the semester the Corequisite Lead Faculty will provide a written implementation plan addressing the goals and outcomes outlined above.
The ideal candidate for this position will meet the following criteria:
- Current TMCC English faculty.
- Five years full time teaching experience in English Composition, including experience teaching Corequisite English.
- Be familiar with the English Department Corequisite Plans.
- Have knowledge and proven skills for generating strategies for implementing tutoring for writing.
- Have experience with curriculum development.
Stipend $2,500 for the semester. Per the terms of the grant, release time is not an option.
Chair of the English Department
Interested faculty will submit a letter of interest describing special qualifications and background information as relevant to the responsibilities outlined above and a current CV no later than 5 p.m. on Dec. 23, 2021.
The letter should be addressed to Ron Marston, Acting Dean of Liberal Arts. NOTE: Administrative faculty must include a documented plan for separation of the additional assignment work from regular work time.
The Dean of Liberal Arts will notify applicants of the hiring decision on or before Dec. 24, 2021.