Per the NFA Contract, Article 10, TMCC is announcing to all eligible Academic and Administrative faculty that a need exists for a BAS-CTEL Program Development Lead.
April 22, 2021
This position will coordinate the activities needed to develop and launch the Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Career and Technical Education and Leadership. Program launch semester to be determined by available budget with start as early as Fall 2021 or as late as Fall 2022.
Scope of Work
This is an assignment requiring additional workdays/hours outside regular contract days, including times as needed during 2021–22 AY to fulfill duties. This assignment will begin May 24, 2021 and will end August 20, 2021. This additional assignment is not automatically renewed annually.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
Oversee the course development and complete activities needed for new program implementation including:
- Assist in the recruitment of course developers and instructors.
- Oversee new course development of 4 classes in Summer 2021.
- Liaison with the Nevada Department of Education and WCSD for teacher licensing requirements.
- Design policies for program admission, selection, and acceptance.
- Assist with new program outreach (catalog, website, social media, PR, etc.).
- Be primary point-of-contact for student inquiries.
- Facilitate cross-division collaboration for student success.
The ideal candidate for this position will meet the following criteria:
- Current TMCC instructor with degree in a CTE field
- Two-years of teaching experience in Career and Technical Field or combination of experience and teaching
- One-year of experience in program management, coordination, or administration
- Two years of curriculum development for online courses
3 credits release or stipend.
Technical Sciences Indirect
Barbara Walden, Dean Technical Sciences
At the start of the Fall 2021 semester, the BAS-CTEL Program Developer Lead will provide a written report that details progress and activities to the Dean of Technical Sciences.
Interested faculty will submit a letter of interest describing qualifications and background information as relevant to the responsibilities outlined above and a current CV. The letter should be addressed to the Director of Technical Sciences and must be received in that office by 5:00 p.m. on May 10, 2021.
The Director of Technical Sciences will notify applicants of the hiring decision on or before May 14, 2021.