Per the NFA Contract, Article 10, TMCC is announcing to all eligible Academic and Administrative faculty that a need exists for an Advanced Manufacturing Special Summer Projects Coordinator.
This position will organize the advanced manufacturing lab and classes as noted below to match upcoming curriculum needs. Due to the complete overhaul needed, this is above and beyond normal faculty updating of curriculum.
July 10, 2018
The part-time summer coordinator will organize the advanced manufacturing labs, develop the new industry 4.0 lab (equipment ordered) and ensure classes match upcoming curriculum needs for Fall 2018.
Scope of Work
This is an assignment requiring additional work days/hours outside regular contract days and hours. This assignment begins July 1, 2018 and will be completed by September 30, 2018. This additional assignment is not automatically renewed.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Prepare lab and curriculum for estimated 500 apprentices starting Fall 2018
- Work to develop delivery schedule for influx from Panasonic and Tesla (schedule cohort approach for each employer, increase test back, set up processes for off-site proctoring, etc.)
- Relocate lab equipment between 170, 173 & 177 to make room for new equipment and organize labs according to course content.
- EDSN 173 PLC, Kuka, AS/RS, Flexible mfg. lines
- EDSN 170 Basic Electrical and Industrial Maintenance
- EDSN 177 Cyber Physical and Fanuc Robotics
- Oversee installation and commissioning of new cyberphysical training system/attend required training on new equipment.
- Curriculum Changes (list of urgent items per previous instructor)
- ELM re-write (incorporate more circuit theory)
- ELM 134 change labs: add Siemens controllers
- MPT 120: add Servo content & AB Software
- MPT 108: Entire course needs reviewed Andrew did not complete
- ELM 129: new Festo motor trainer added to lab curriculum
- MPT 135: Modules 3 & 4 need new textbook
- Other duties agreed to with the dean.
The ideal candidates for this position will meet the following criteria:
- Current TMCC instructors.
- One-year full-time teaching experience or combination of experience and teaching.
- Have experience with curriculum development.
- Preferred experience with advanced manufacturing.
$5,000. Paying a stipend in lieu of release time will ensure that an academic faculty applicant will receive appropriate compensation.
Dean of Technical Sciences
At the end of each month, the coordinator will provide a written report that details progress and activities to the department chair and division dean.
Interested faculty will submit a letter of interest describing qualifications and background information as relevant to the responsibilities outlined above, and a current CV. The letter should be addressed to the Dean of Technical Sciences and must be received in that office by 5 p.m. on July 23, 2018.
The Dean of Technical Sciences will notify applicants of the hiring decision on or before July 27, 2018.